Associate Vice President and Managing Director, Wisconsin School of Business
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison is recruiting for a Associate Vice President and Managing Director, Wisconsin School of Business.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association has partnered with Aspen Leadership Group (ALG) in the search for an Associate Vice President and Managing Director, Wisconsin School of Business. You may view the position prospectus or submit an application via this link.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 10 + years of professional leadership experience in complex development and alumni relations programs (preferably within higher education) recognized for their strength and effectiveness; meaningful experience in or knowledge of all key development areas. Experience in a business school setting is highly valued.
- Proven supervisory and management experience, both strategic and operational. A demonstrated ability to build, manage, mentor and motivate an effective team, especially through times of growth and change. Effective at establishing processes, metrics and accountabilities.
- Demonstrated success in personally soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts, with significant experience closing gifts of $1 million or more. A high level of comfort and effectiveness working with high-net-worth individuals and business leaders.
- A deep appreciation for the history, achievements and aspirations of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Wisconsin School of Business. The ability to effectively articulate the School’s vision and case for philanthropy.
- The credibility, maturity and sound judgment that inspire the trust and respect of academic leaders, donors, colleagues and team members.
- The political savvy and diplomacy to navigate a complex academic community; the ability to build bridges and strong collaborative relationships with a range of internal colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to connect with a variety of audiences, clarity and effectiveness in written and oral presentation. Exemplary interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to meet travel requirements at 25%.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.