Join us in moving the UW Forward. The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Business Intelligence Manager to join the Advancement Services team.
The Business Intelligence Manager is a hand-on position, supervising and participating in a team that produces reports, vendor exports, and other data related tasks.
- Maintain and enhance existing database and data warehouse exports, queries and reports
- Develop exports, queries and reports that meet provided specifications
- Develop and test stored procedures, views and functions
- Perform quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality
- Monitor job and transfer queues to ensure they are functioning as expected
- Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis
- Design and develop SQL databases and write applications to interface with SQL databases
- Develop new SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to meet business needs
- Create and maintain documentation for all projects
- Manage and lead team members in performing all aspects of a reporting life cycle as appropriate including planning, requirements definition, analysis and design, development, testing, deployment and verification.
- Play a lead role in developing effective methods for gathering and presenting new and existing data.
- Assign and monitor work across team.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technical and interpersonal skills for, individually and for team.
- Assist in developing an annual training plan, individually and for team.
- Seek out feedback from business and IT colleagues regarding teams’ performance.
- Provide routine feedback to team on performance, including an annual performance evaluation.
- Plan for team members’ career growth and turnover.
- Assign resources and participate in UWF projects.
- Track team activities and provide requested reporting.
- Bachelors Degree OR equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as either a Database Programmer or an Application Developer.
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), TSQL, Stored Procedures, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with XML, XSLT, and schema files
- Experience producing reports, vendor exports, executing data warehousing and other data related tasks.
- Experience working with non-technical users
- Experience working with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cubes.
- Experience in relational data modeling principles and techniques.
- Experience in creation of automated unit test cases.
- Experience in automated builds.
- Familiarity in a fundraising or not for profit environment.
- Experience with CRM, ERP and/or Financial Reporting systems.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.