The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Data Analyst to join our Data Analytics Team. The Data Analyst position provides complex and high-quality data analysis in support of WFAA fundraising, marketing and engagement goals, translates business objectives into analytics solutions, deploys complex data mining, modeling and statistical techniques and summarizes key findings and insights to stakeholders to inform business strategy and optimize results.
Data Analysis and Modeling
- Analyze and segment suspect pools for development, as well as target audiences for engagement and marketing, to maximize business results. Leverage statistical tools and techniques including data mining, predictive modeling, geospatial analysis and multivariate regression analysis.
- Develop quantitative analyses on the dynamics of donor behavior, using behavioral models and other statistical techniques.
- Design complex data analyses of WFAA initiatives including responses to marketing efforts, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Analyze prospect universe and movement of prospects through the pipeline, in order to inform development team assessment and strategy.
- Deliver statistical trend analysis, including performance, forecasting and projection reports.
- Provide campaign design support for marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with Research & Prospect Management and Development staff to understand and inform unit prospecting priorities and constituencies.
- Collaborate with Annual Giving, Alumni Relations and Engagement staff to understand and inform marketing and audience segmentation priorities and strategies.
- Present analytical findings to various stakeholders, advising on how to use results to inform business strategy.
- Collaborate with Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence teams to understand data needs and priorities, identify opportunities for analytics services, and operationalize analytics tools into reports.
Data Management Duties
- Identify and manage data acquisition projects in support of analytics, including wealth screening, demographic and behavioral profiles, discretionary spending, etc.
- Advise on data processing and quality assurance activities. Make recommendations for opportunities for improvement through audit reporting, business process and training.
- Manage the capacity, readiness and other modeling or rating scores. Support dynamic scoring and advise on solutions for delivering scores to stakeholders.