Join us in moving the UW Forward. The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Development Program Specialist (DPS) to join a team responsible for planning and executing development programs on behalf the Cross Campus Initiatives. This position supports Directors of Development and fundraising priorities for Student Affairs, the Division of Enrollment Management, Libraries and the Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement. The Development Program Specialist supports donor and campus relations, stewardship, prospect data management, and office administration activities that advance team goals and objectives.
Donor and Campus Relations
- Serve as primary liaison to campus partners, working to build mutually beneficial relationships, improve communication and collaborative teamwork, and increase campus understanding of the development process.
- Coordinate fund administration process, including all activities related to the creation, documentation, notification, review, and stewardship of unit funds.
- In coordination with events team, plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events designed to identify and cultivate new prospects and build relationships with existing donors. Ensure that appropriate data is entered into ABE during event follow-up.
- Actively participate in meetings and other activities with campus partners that support unit development efforts.
- Provide directors of development with materials as requested in preparation for donor visits and appropriate follow-up in CRM, etc.
- Assist directors of development with donor visits to campus, including on-site logistics, greeting and hosting guests, and responding to miscellaneous needs as they arise.
- Respond to donor and campus questions regarding unit gifts and funds, identifying those inquiries, requests, or issues that require additional review and action.
- Assist directors of development with the preparation, signature routing, and final distribution of gift legal documentation (e.g. Memoranda of Agreements, Fund Operation Agreements, Pledge Agreements, etc.) in accordance with established WFAA business processes.
- Prepare gift, milestone, and other acknowledgements for assigned team members.
- Coordinate and distribute routine gift reports.
- Coordinate and manage the gift impact reporting
- Work with directors of development to assist in reviewing and implementing new opportunities for donor engagement.
Prospect Data Management
- Pull BI self-service reports. Work with unit prospect pool identified by the research and prospect management team to assist directors of development in qualification and portfolio management.
- Maintain contact updates, donor biographic information, and other constituent management duties.
- Work with Research to request profile and capacity information.
- Coordinate the direct mailing of solicitations, announcements, event invitations and provide development support for advanced administrative needs when necessary or appropriate (i.e. travel and expense reports, scheduling meetings with multiple constituents and various needs requirements, etc.)
- Suggest areas for process improvement and assist in improvement implementation
- High school graduate required.
- 3 + years of experience in an office setting
- Post high school training, college degree, or equivalent preferred
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) experience required.
- Prior experience working in the higher education or non profit industry preferred
- Previous database reporting and experience with constituent relationship management software prefer.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Exhibits high level aptitudes in managing multiple tasks, advanced office and administrative management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.