Digital Experience Specialist
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is recruiting for a technically-savvy Digital Experience Specialist to join our Digital Experience team. WFAA’s Digital Experience team is responsible for ensuring a seamless experience for constituents and operational excellence across all of our digital platforms and channels.
The Digital Experience Specialist will work closely with colleagues to develop and distribute email campaigns for WFAA, its alumni chapters, and campus partners. WFAA uses Salesforce Marketing Cloud as our primary email marketing platform and the ideal candidate will have experience building emails, automations, and journeys in Marketing Cloud as well as experience with AMPscript and Marketing Cloud data structures. The Digital Experience Specialist also works with colleagues to strategize, develop and execute digital content concepts for WFAA and its alumni chapters. To do so effectively, candidates must be comfortable working with HTML and CSS and have a solid understanding of fundamental web technologies. As someone in regular contact with alumni chapter leaders and internal stakeholders, customer service and effective communication skills are critical for success in this role. This position will be a combination of remote, in-office, and on-site work environments.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Email production and distrubution
- In conjunction with colleagues, develop and distribute email campaigns for WFAA, its alumni chapters and campus partners.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the technical workings of HTML email including coding techniques and best practices to ensure consistent display of content in a wide range of email clients.
- Understand and utilize advanced features/capabilities of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform including AMPscript, journeys, automations, and data extensions. Leverage these features and capabilities to execute WFAA digital marketing efforts.
- Assist in the planning, design and development of targeted email campaigns for acquisition, retention and ongoing communications.
- Collection of email and web analytics and reporting on email or web performance to colleagues and partners.
- Advise WFAA and campus partners regarding best practices and consult on application of best practices to achieve greatest results in email efforts
Web content production
- Collaborate with colleagues to strategize, develop and execute digital content concepts for WFAA and its stakeholders.
- Publish digital content including written content, digital photography and video on uwalumni.com, supportuw.org and other WFAA web properties.
- Ensure consistent branding and editorial style of digital communication products.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure web content on WFAA websites is regularly audited for timeliness and accuracy.
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure email marketing efforts are well-paced and schedules don’t conflict with one another.
- Research and advise on latest technologies. Propose new technologies or techniques that can improve digital experiences and results.
- Ensure a high level of quality control and work with colleagues to constantly evaluate and improve digital content quality.
- Effectively manage work on a broad set of projects and deliverables.
Digital marketing consultation and training
- Maintain high awareness of trends and best practices in digital marketing and communications, and social media.
- Identify ways to best leverage digital channels to achieve desired results and advise colleagues in this area, especially through content personalization and marketing automation.
- Consult with colleagues and stakeholders regarding best practices and assure brand quality standards are maintained.
- Lead or assist training and education of staff and volunteers on use of digital tools.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or certifications in digital media, marketing, communications, information technologies or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1 + years in digital production, including development of web content and HTML email.
- Intermediate HTML and CSS experience; proficiency with HTML editing applications; proficiency with WordPress; proficiency with Photoshop or equivalent image editing applications; experience developing and distributing bulk email campaigns; familiarity with SQL and AMPscript for email marketing in Marketing Cloud
- Experience working in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- High language skills, intermediate mathematical skills, high reasoning ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of user-experience principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality digital content characterized by effective layout, consistent style, and adherence to accessibility standards.
- Strong knowledge of and experience delivering content through digital platforms for optimal user experience.
- Knowledge of digital industry trends, best practices, strategies and techniques.
- Experience using project management technology tools to manage daily work.
- Experience working with colleagues possessing varied levels of technical acumen and providing great customer service.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.