The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is seeking a Director of Advancement Business Solutions. In this role , you will manage a team of business consultants responsible for the effectiveness, integration and optimization of business systems, ensuring they meet the needs and priorities of their users. They work with technical teams to develop and prioritize effective business technology solutions, in support of the strategic organizational goals. This position serves on a steering team that governs the maintenance, use and acquisition of key business systems.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Serve as product owner for the Advancement constituent relationship management system (ABE CRM) and Advancement Resources Website reporting portal (ARW) functionality.
- Play a leadership role in the current WFAA CRM roadmap and systems implementation project.
- Work with business area leads to plan strategic product development and business policy in support of WFAA priorities
- Work closely with technical teams to prioritize business systems needs and balance workload.
- Work with leadership to drive product decisions, direction, and governance of advancement systems and data.
- Stay abreast of CRM systems tools and best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors and peers knowledgeable in the people, processes and technology related to advancement systems.
Internal and External Outreach
- Serve as champion for ABE CRM and ARW functionality used by WFAA and UW-Madison advancement staff.
- Communicate ABE CRM and ARW product direction and impact to end users, with a focus on change management.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders including functional area business owners, executive management and end users at WFAA and on campus to gather input for ABE CRM and ARW product development.
- Produce communications regarding ABE CRM and ARW features, enhancements, and business process changes in coordination with business area leads.
- Partner with technical trainer and business areas leads to ensure that training, documentation, and manuals are developed, promoted and maintained.
Human Resources Management
- Lead team members in performing business systems consulting, including solutions planning, requirements definition, project coordination, testing, implementation and training.
- Assign and monitor workload across team.
- Recruit, train, and develop staff members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence and supporting professional growth.
- Mentor team members and provide routine feedback to team on performance, including an annual performance evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combined education and experience
- 5 + years product development experience or related skills
- Management / supervisory experience
- Experience working with Salesforce, Blackbaud CRM or other similar CRM software
- Non-profit/advancement experience
- Strong communication and change management skills
- Project management, planning and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Leadership and decision-making experience
- Negotiation and conflict management experience
- Cross-departmental collaboration experience, including work with technical and business teams
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.