Graphic Designer (Limited Term Employment)
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is recruiting for a Limited Term Employment (LTE) Graphic Designer to join the Creative team for approximately 6-9 months. In this role you will, produce innovative design solutions that combine both written and visual elements in touch points across multiple platforms. Work within cross-functional teams employing the creative process to meet creative brief objectives while demonstrating a high level of creativity, visual sensibility, attention to detail and adherence to brand standards.
This position can work hybrid in our Madison, WI office location two days per week. We are open to hiring this position 100% remote in the following states: New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Produce innovative solutions to marketing problems that combine both written and visual elements in touch points across multiple platforms.
- Design and produce original graphic solutions to meet marketing objectives in support of strategic communication and campaign priorities.
- Produce visual touch points for print, digital, social, and environmental graphics.
- Exhibit a high level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Implement pre-press process for production of digital files.
Concept development and ability to utilize the creative process.
- Employ key points of the creative brief to develop original graphic solutions.
- Research appropriate design ideas to develop the best approach and concepts for style, technique and production methods for the project.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams from the ideation phase through production.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and ability to articulate visual concepts.
- Deliver against timelines and milestones, identify potential delays and proactively find solutions
- Execute consistently branded campaigns across multiple channels of distribution.
- Inform and achieve quality control in the presentation of branded platforms.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3 + years professional experience working as a graphic designer.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent sensibility for design and typography as well a knowledge of print processes and production standards.
- Demonstrated creativity, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, multitask and meet very distinct deadlines while expressing a high degree of creativity.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.