The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Infrastructure Engineer to join our Technical Services & Support Team. As an Infrastructure Engineer II, you are responsible for the magic that occurs at the Infrastructure layer of IT. The foundation of technology that this role supports is critical to the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association!
You are the go-to person for supporting and managing infrastructure that includes data/voice networking, server, storage, security, and a variety of core applications. Your area of expertise include supporting Cisco VoIP technologies, collaboration tools and cloud storage solutions. You work on a team whose day fills up with a variety of troubleshooting and solving technical challenges.
In this role, you take on more of the complex technical challenges, are involved in leading and/or participating on project initiatives that expand our technology portfolio and services, and are a key participant in the management of our security framework. Our customers are important to us. You are passionate about serving customers and providing a great user experience. You are accountable for what you do and are willing to take personal ownership of your work. Your organizational and prioritization skills allow you to adjust to rapidly changing priorities. Self-driven to learn and stay abreast of technological trends, you bring value to the team through your ideas and recommendations. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that allow you to relate to both technical and non-technical audiences
Customer Service and Support
- Responds to customer requests and problems independently, promptly, and professionally.
- Troubleshoots incidents and requests for all systems, network, and security technologies across the organization with varying degrees of technical complexity.
- Collaborate with other teams and vendors
- Keeps a pulse on the health of the infrastructure environments by performing daily operational tasks of monitoring and responding to alerts using various applications and technologies.
- Has decision making authority as it relates to ensuring system outages are acted upon and resolved according to business and management expectations.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and standards that help the greater good of the team and organization.
- Sought out as a subject matter expert in various infrastructure platforms.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Required to work off hours for planned and unplanned events related to infrastructure support.
Infrastructure Administration and Engineering
- Participates and/or leads mid to large-sized internal technical projects following project management methodologies with little to no oversight from management.
- Administration of core network, voice, Windows servers, Linux servers, security, Exchange, Office 365 infrastructure and broad range of applications used by the business.
- Administration of voice infrastructure, collaboration tools, and cloud storage solutions.
- Proactive monitoring and addressing alerts for various infrastructure systems.
- Works with hosting provider to manage the health and implement changes of virtualized environments and network infrastructure.
- Review and responds to results reported on daily backup reports and storage reports.
- Creates and maintains infrastructure-related procedures and run books.
- Leads design and implementations of infrastructure hardware and software implementations and upgrades.
- Acts as an interface between internal customers and hosting provider regarding organization-wide applications support and implementations.
- Provides input into hardware and software standards; stays abreast of trending technologies, seeks continued innovation in infrastructure space.
- Participates and may lead components of the annual disaster recovery tests for critical business systems. Has input into processes and procedures as it relates to the organization’s disaster recovery practices.
- Manages and monitors infrastructure security patches based on vulnerability alerts.
- Research and plan vulnerability patches, software security updates.
- Participates on and/or leads components of company’s incident response team; analyzes and translates security and system logs, performs security forensics on server and network layer, reports detailed findings and recommendations. Tasked to lead IRT incidents coordinating technical teams and communicating with management.
- Researches and implements tools and processes that expands security portfolio and framework.
- Associates degree (or higher) in Information Technology, Computer Science or relative experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, or abilities
- 4 + years’ experience in hands-on support of network, server, storage and security devices.
- 4+ years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting:
- Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, access points, virtual private networks.
- Server virtualization using VMware.
- Storage experience using NAS, SAN technologies.
- Windows Server OS, through version 2016.
- Linux OS
- Active Directory, Exchange (through Exchange Online) administration.
- Windows scripting
- Box or other cloud storage solutions
- Cisco WebEx or other collaboration tools
- Cisco Call Manager, Unity voicemail, Jabber
- Experience managing voice and data circuits through telecommunication providers
- Cisco ISE, a plus
- Intrusion detection, a plus
- Other security tools used for detection and prevention, a plus
- Experience with replication tools, a plus
- 4 + years customer service experience.
- Demonstrates a strong technical background administrating and supporting VMware, Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory, Exchange, and a variety of infrastructure applications.
- Efficient working in an environment that requires the balance of working on support and project initiatives at the same time.
- Works well with a diverse team and customers.
- Has a passion for learning and taking on opportunities for growth.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.