Managing Associate Director of Annual Giving
WFAA requires all individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is looking for a donor experience officer (DXO) to help lead our growing team. We seek an experienced and eager people leader with a passion for building relationships with donors and an interest in coaching others on how to do so. As an energetic and digital-first fundraiser, this DXO will help coach a team of innovative fundraisers, leverage modern marketing tools to deepen relationships, and collaborate with marketing and development teams to strategically scale personalization at UW-Madison.
This team member will report to the Director of Leadership Annual Giving, coach four DXO teammates, help drive DXO strategy, and engage a portfolio of 250 donors who give to the university’s priority discretionary fund. This position will be a combination of remote, in-office, and on-site work environments.
DXOs use momentous giving days, video storytelling, and digital marketing to help donors transform the student experience and elevate the work of faculty within several colleges and schools, as well as advance philanthropic priorities within the Carbone Cancer Center and American Family Children’s Hospital. This talented and innovative leader will help align how we engage donors with their passions through video, phone, social media, and digital connections.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Team and Programmatic Leadership
- Enhance team effectiveness as trusted advisors that leverage digital tools through mentorship and coaching
- Partner within unit development managers to strengthen relationships with our colleagues on campus
- Develop and lead training for new and existing donor experience officers
- Investigate and implement innovative resources or strategies to increase team scalability and personalization
- Provide thought leadership within the annual giving team and organization on enhancing leadership annual giving donor experience
- Cultivate relationships with annual leadership gift donors through email, phone, virtual meetings, and video
- Leverage tools of the WFAA marketing division to renew annual support at the $1,000-24,999 level
- Deepen UW’s partnership with donors and qualify them for increased support
Donor Success Development
- Communicate stories about the impact of annual philanthropic support with current and potential donor partners
- Serve as a point of contact for advancing relationships between campus and annual leadership donors
- Collaborate with development staff to identify and elevate donors through the pipeline
- Collaborate closely with colleagues who work with the Chancellor’s Office to identify and deliver content related to the impact of philanthropy through video, social media, and digital platforms
- Collaborate with digital and annual giving teams to tailor modern marketing tactics for leadership annual giving level donors
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience and passion for people leadership and a desire to mentor with energy, empathy, and creativity
- Demonstrated success in fundraising or digital marketing
- Curiosity for discovering passions that motivate people
- A creative mind for strategic marketing to individuals and masses
- Emotional intelligence when engaging with donors and teammates
- Enthusiasm to ask for philanthropic support for priority areas
- Ability to inspire and share stories of impact verbally
- Willingness to learn and build
- Interest in analyzing data to determine strategy; strong attention to detail
- Video creation or digital marketing experience score bonus points
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.