Marketing / Senior Marketing Coordinator
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Marketing / Senior Marketing Coordinator to join the Marketing & Communications team. The Marketing / Senior Marketing Coordinator provides marketing support and intelligence by leading the execution of mid-sized marketing plans and projects to achieve specific advancement business goals including building affinity and securing financial support for UW-Madison through awareness, engagement, and philanthropic efforts. This role drives successful and flawless execution of marketing projects through utilization of project management software, resource allocation and ensures all activities support WFAA’s mission and the program’s strategic direction.
This position requires a talented, multi-faceted marketing professional who is a highly organized and detailed-oriented self-starter, a team player with an exceptional sense of accountability. The individual must thrive in a fast-moving and changing environment and have strong relationship building skills.
Please note: We can hire this position as a Marketing Coordinator or Senior Marketing Coordinator, depending on skills/ experience of the selected candidate.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Drives management of mid-sized projects and initiatives.
- Effectively leads cross-divisional and cross-functional teams utilizing exceptional project management and communication skills.
- Develops detailed tactical briefs and action plans for use by the cross-functional teams for each project, including communication channels.
- Builds schedules in project management system to monitor and track team progress.
- Assists with strategy development and marketing plans for mid-level portfolio teams.
- Adept at managing dozens of projects at one time.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness when problem solving.
- Possess adaptability and flexibility.
- Works collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners and stakeholders to establish project requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Reviews and advise on creative marketing materials based on approved strategy.
- Develops strong relationships with all team members and is responsive to their needs.
- Understanding of down-stream impact for requested changes and subsequent next steps; ensure seamless integration across channels.
- Work in partnership with Director of Marketing on large, corporate priority initiatives.
- Active participant in timely post-event retrospectives.
Monitor and track key performance indicators.
- Proactively identify project issues and seek out solutions; report and escalate barriers to supervisor.
- Runs performance reports and work with MarCom division team members to measure digital success.
- Works with registration unit and database managers to establish monitoring system and data transfer processes for events.
Synthesize and mine relevant data to help inform insights.
- Determine email and print list criteria to for target audiences.
- Utilizes data to drive strategic recommendations leading to improved performance.
- Conducts email A/B tests, journeys and develop and run reports for deeper understanding of results through Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Coordinate the flow of data/information between internal teams and external partners.
- Collect and summarize qualitative and quantitative constituent data from multiple sources.
- Research secondary sources including, but not limited to, social media channels, consumer feedback channels, and industry/trend reports.
- Identify trends related to consumer experience and variations across time periods, geographies, and customer segments.
Process and develop marketing plans and strategies.
- Deliver appropriate business rationale and analysis to support specific program / event / communication opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with partners to develop comprehensive project and program briefs to meet stated goals and objectives.
- Develop thorough marketing project briefs and tactical action plans.
- Explore and seek out opportunities for cross-program promotion.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in Marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, brand value, and marketing strategies and tactics, including writing and developing marketing plans.
- Experience with direct-response and digital-first marketing.
- Active user of CRM system(s).
- Experience with Adobe Workfront or other project management software.
- Superior project management skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (advanceuw.org) is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.