CRM Trainer / Technical Instructional Designer and Systems Trainer
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Technical Instructional Designer and Systems Trainer. In this position, you will coordinate and lead the development and delivery of systems training to teach and guide WFAA staff and campus users in properly utilizing various technology systems and applications used in the organization’s daily operations. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical skills and instructor skills to successfully train on current and developing technology.
This is a hybrid role that will require you to work two days per week in our Madison, WI location. We are open to hiring remotely for the right experience level with expectations to come to Madison throughout the year. Remote candidates can reside in the following states: New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Training Development and Delivery
- Partner with functional leads and business analysts to identify new content and delivery methods to effectively promote the knowledge and skills necessary to integrate systems into day-to-day business practices.
- Develop and deliver quality training employing a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led training (in-person and virtual), video, job aids, eLearning, and other modalities as appropriate for effectively developing technical skills in system users.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and develop clear learning objectives.
- Utilize adult learning theory and instructional methods in instructional design.
- Coordinate and deliver train-the-trainer activities with Subject Matter Experts.
- Support the development of WFAA’s training strategy for both internal and partner users (UW-Madison Campus).
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of assigned systems and remain current on updated functionality.
- Stay current with the latest trends and advancements in IT and training methodologies; incorporate standard processes and innovative training techniques into the training programs.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and impacts on individual and organizational performance and make improvements where needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of WFAA business processes as they relate to software applications to provide integrated business function training.
- Assist with software testing during new releases, patches, fixes, and updates.
- Support incoming platform questions based on training knowledge.
Training Project Management
- Create and maintain training project plans including a communication plan.
- Support training material review process by functional teams and business owners including eLearning, job aids, and Instructor-Led Training development.
- Monitor training development and communicate issues to project leads.
- Post course materials to the Learning Management System (and other platforms).
- Support updates to materials once posted.
- Support in technical logistics of training delivery.
- Manage vendor relationship(s) for ongoing course development.
- Monitor training completion by users for appropriate system access.
Learning Management System (LMS) Administration
- Add content to the LMS in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Maximize the effectiveness and utility of the LMS to improve skill development and knowledge transfer.
- Effectively troubleshoot the LMS.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience in training analysis, design, development, implementation delivery, evaluation of adult education, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of systems training, design, and delivery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously.
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Preference for Salesforce CRM at a mid-size company.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Outstanding relationship-building and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Embrace diverse perspectives, be inclusive, and seek and respect different perspectives.
- Aptitude for learning – stays current on the latest best practices and industry trends.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Financial Reporting systems. Preference for Oracle NetSuite experience.
- Experience developing effective eLearning.
WFAA is committed to providing our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative, and respectful. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.