Treasury Operations Manager
WFAA requires all individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is seeking a Treasury Operations Manager. This position is responsible for all treasury/cash management, including safeguarding of our assets, monthly and quarterly reconciliations and being the Finance liaison with the Investments Compliance & Reporting team. This position will be a combination of remote, in-office, and on-site work environments.
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link those interested in supporting the UW to areas about which they are passionate, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Manage all financial institution and brokerage firm relationships, documentation, security, and access rights. Responsible for ensuring appropriate accounts (to include cryptocurrencies) are established to manage business needs, and access is appropriately authorized thereto.
- Ensure a strong foundation in corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and fiduciary environments.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies and execute on treasury initiatives.
- Continue to develop, implement, communicate, and oversee treasury administration and cash management policies and procedures, and monitor the adherence thereto. Seek to enhance controls and efficiencies, monitor developments, and recommend new banking/cash management relationships, tools, and systems. Develop and provide training, where necessary.
- Play a leadership role in forecasting and anticipating financial trends and results, as well as identifying risks and opportunities.
- Manage all merchant-related card programs
- Manage all gateway/processor relationships and related third-party platforms in conjunction with Sr. Director of Gift Services, to ensure internal controls are in place and PCI compliance standards are followed.
- Understand, manage, and oversee all aspects of daily cash flows, including working capital management.
- Coordinate transfers between long- and short-term investment pools, in conjunction with the quarterly endowment close.
- Work with Investments Compliance & Reporting to ensure accounting activity performance agrees with investment activity performance as reported on by WFAA.
- Manage transfers between short-term pool and checking accounts balancing investment gains and liquidity needs.
- Assist with cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- Oversee the reconciliation processes for bank accounts, investments, and other assigned accounts.
- Manage unclaimed property and the escheatment process.
- Assist the Controller, CFO, and/or other staff members with completion of various finance projects as requested or assigned.
- Lead team members and provide supervision.
- Provide oversight and direction over the Finance division’s record/document retention policy.
- Participate in and support monthly and/or quarterly financial close processes.
- Assist with the timely and accurate completion of assigned surveys (CASE, NACBU, etc).
- Provide oversight and assistance to the fund accounting team, including the quarterly endowment close, to include review and posting of journal entries, transfers, and review of account reconciliations.
- Provide back-up support for various accounting and finance functions, as needed.
- Serve as a finance liaison to the Gift Planning department.
- Responsible for ensuring organizational compliance with charitable state registrations. Work with legal, as necessary, to ensure adherence with all related regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business field.
- 4 + years Treasury experience, including experience with working capital management and industry tools and regulations.
- Combined public and private accounting experience.
- Accounting experience in non-profit settings.
- Certified Treasury Professional designation or CPA license.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (advanceuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.