The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting a creative Videographer to join their team inclusive of video production and editing. This is a hybrid role that will require you to work in our Madison, WI office location at least two days weekly.
Smart, inspired, and strategic, this visual storyteller will be working on multiple brands across a wide-range of programs all with a singular mission — advancing UW–Madison as one of the world’s greatest universities. This creative visual storyteller will combine conceptual thinking and technical expertise to create videos with impact.
This qualified individual will create videos for university-related marketing campaigns and social accounts, while collaborating with teams across WFAA to concept, develop, and execute moments that matter, including leading pre-production, production, and post-production for video and photo shoots.
We are looking for:
- Inspired aesthetic and robust samples (reel/portfolio) of smart conceptually-led work
- Ability to concept and collaborate
- Commanding presentation skills to show your work and sell it
- Hunger for what’s next and new
- Great attitude—How we get the work done is as important as the work we do; positivity and can-do attitude required
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
Video Capture and Production
- Manage video projects from start through completion including story development, research, location scouting, staging, recording, and post-production editing.
- Develop original story/program concepts for video content; determine the angle of the story to ensure the originality and creativity of the final product.
- Work with Marketing and other colleagues to develop timely and relevant content.
- Conduct research, including personal interviews, to obtain information necessary to plan storylines.
- Capture material for production using video equipment; determine technical and creative approaches including elements such as lighting, shooting angles, type and placement of microphones, audio needs, locations, and use of movement.
- Exercise independent judgment in the editing and production of material.
- Ensure message cohesiveness and correct tone by assessing and adjusting visual context, narrative, and background audio tracks.
- Obtain appropriate clearances for location shoots and related resources.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of department video and photographic equipment and train staff members on use when necessary.
- Oversee use, storage, and inventory of department video and photographic equipment.
- Advise vendors and venues on audio/visual production logistics for events.
- Shoot photos for print and digital projects when no contract photographer is assigned.
- Manage online digital assets management system including importation, tagging, categorization, and rating of new and existing photographic assets. Provide staff training as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with formal training in video production, audio, visual, and office technology required.
- 2 + years of experience in video production and digital photography.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and other Adobe Creative Suite programs. Bonus: Cinema4D experience is a plus, and aerial/drone experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of video production and photography.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to organize, multitask, and meet very distinct deadlines while expressing a high degree of creativity.
- Excellent oral and written skills and a high degree of presentation skills.
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and judgment in creative endeavors.
- Ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds; possess strong coaching skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to accommodate various interpersonal and communication styles.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends. May also require occasional travel in and out of state for video and photography shoot management and staffing.
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.