Digital Community Guidelines
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (“WFAA”) invites Badgers everywhere to “Badger On,” including on our digital platforms and channels. These include the Wisconsin Alumni Association’s (“WAA”) Alumni Email and Badger Bridge services and any University of Wisconsin Foundation (“UWF”), WFAA, or WAA-branded social media pages or accounts. WFAA strives to use these platforms and channels to foster a positive and engaging digital community for all of our alumni and friends.
We believe everyone has the right to feel comfortable when they join the conversation, and we encourage you to positively and safely engage with our digital community. These guidelines are intended to create a safe, welcoming environment and apply to all types of content on WFAA’s digital platforms, channels, and social media accounts, including emails, videos, photos, comments, links, thumbnails, and other content.
We ask users to please be respectful of the rights and opinions of your fellow Badgers. While WFAA does not actively moderate its digital platforms and channels, it reserves the right to remove content, and/or block or remove users who share content in its digital community that, in WFAA’s determination, is:
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Harmful to minors;
- An impersonation or misstatement of affiliation with any person or entity;
- Shared in violation of law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Infringing any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights; or
- Promoting a commercial product or service; or
- Disruptive, harmful, or has the potential to be disruptive or harmful, to another user’s experience or device.
In addition to these guidelines, by emailing, posting, viewing, or otherwise engaging with content in WFAA’s digital community you are agreeing to be bound by WFAA’s Terms and Conditions.
We’re excited for you to join our international community of Badgers in celebration and support of UW-Madison.